Privacy & Security
By Federal Law you have the right to limit some sharing of your personal information. If you would like to limit 3rd party sharing, please complete the form below and:
· Mail To: P.O. Box 2148, Woodstock, GA 30189
· Fax To: 678-486-1191
· Email To: mbr-svs@CUofGA.org
· Deliver To Any Branch Location
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and Credit History
- Credit Scores and Employment Information
- Payment History and Risk Tolerance
When you are no longer our Member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Credit Union of Georgia chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information:||Does Credit Union of Georgia Share?||Can You Limit This Sharing?|
|For Our Everyday Business Purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal||Yes||No|
|For Our Marketing Purposes – to make members aware of our latest promotions and offer you new products and services to better meet your financial needs.||Yes||No|
|For Joint Marketing with Other Financial Companies||Yes||Yes|
|For Our Affiliates’ Everyday Business Purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||No||We do not share|
|For Our Affiliates’ Everyday Business Purposes – information about your creditworthiness||No||We do not share|
|For Nonaffiliates to Market to You||No||We do not share|
To Limit Our Sharing
– Call 678-486-1111 – our menu will prompt you through your choice(s),
– Visit us online at www.CUofGA.org
– Mail this form
If you are a new member, we can begin sharing your your information within 30 days from the date you received this notice. When you are no longer our member, we can continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
How Does Credit Union of Georgia Protect My Personal Information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How Does Credit Union of Georgia Collect My Personal Information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
– open an account or show your government-issued ID
– apply for financing or provide account information
– show us your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why Can’t I Limit All Sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
– sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
– affiliates from using your information to market to you
– sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What Happens When I Limit Sharing for an Account I Hold Jointly with Someone Else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
– Credit Union of Georgia has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
– Credit Union of Georgia does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
– Our joint marketing partners include loan recapture programs, financial advisors, insurance companies, mortgage companies and auto buying service companies.
Call 678-486-1111 or visit www.CUofGA.org.